No parking lights

1993ZJ. No tail lights, later determined no parking lights at all. Logical order of progression.

Fuse blown, would pop fuse as soon as it was installed. Unplugged all four light assemblies.

Not it. Unplugged all connectors in light circuit, under seat, under dash, under hood, not it. All components in circuit checked OK, leaving only a direct short in the harness. Study of schematics in FSM suggested might be light switch related. Unable to reach lht sw without dropping steering column. Not wanting to drop steering column, disassembled entire dash. No way. Still had to drop steering column.

Test light installed in fuse holder would blink while messing with wiring near sw indicated was close. Visual inspection of wiring revealed,

Used liquid tape on wire and wrapped harness with black electrical tape.

Ready to go back together.

Finished up late last night and oddly enough Jeep actually started and ran. All lights worked.

I have no idea but I would really like to know. It was a neat strip, not worn or frayed so somebody did it deliberate. Either at the factory or by a PO. Might explain why I got it so cheap. $400. Gave it to the GF and she drove it for six months without a problem. Then a week ago the tail lights quit working and I dug into it to see why. Was really pulling my hair over it.