quick help!! need info fast

Just converted mine to 4wd. Swapped to an ax15 /231 combo. While it was pretty straightforward it also wasnt a quick in and out kind of thing. Lots of small things like changing the mc/slave. Figuring out your clutch and bearings etc. Rewiring a little. Adding in shift bezels and 4wd lever. Ive been workin on mine for a good 2 months. 4wd swap plus both axles and lift parts. Just stabbing away at it a little at a time.

in theory, it shouldn't be too hard. find an XJ with the parts you want, and have at it. I'm in the process of swapping the tranny and tcase in my MJ, and finding the big parts is no problem, but finding the right little ones is a PITA. if you can, get them all from the same vehicle, and bring a sharpie and a couple boxes of ziplock bags with you to keep track of all the parts. also, you in UT??

so i wanna buy another mj. the one I'm looking at getting is a 89, 2 wheel drive, manual trans with the 4.0 . how hard is it to put in a tranfer case to make it four wheel drive? is it the same tranny? the ax-15?

I don't mean to be a jerk...but if you have to ask...it'll be VERY hard. Keep looking...find a 4x4, or drive a 4x2.

I swapped my in 2 weekends. Tranny and all related in one weekend including a new rear drive shaft. The front axle with all new suspension and steering in another.

Use a complete donor.

And yes it's a lot of work especially when you are alone with no help.

And yeah you better know what you're doing particularly if it is your only driver.