Antiwrap spring perches.

jcComanche86lb

I had these made kinda as a prototype. Tell me what u think. They're made for a 2.5 inch axle tube and are made of quarter inch steel. If I go ahead and have more made I will just use flat steel instead of diamond plate. They are in three pieces and will need to be welded together.

The diamond plate was just scrap laying around at the time. It really doesn't look bad just not what I had in mind when making them. I figure the top plate may affect the way the leaf spring sits on the spring perch. I have some other projects going that I might make out of diamond plate, like diff covers front and rear. I'm also working on a rear bumper that I can sell. I will post them as they get finished.

Mine are actually 2.5" wide. I opted out on making three holes across the top because I knew i wouldn't use them. While mine are only seven inches long it would only take a few clicks of a mouse and they would be eight. Kinda over kill but idk. What do you think about the welded joint as apposed to being bent?

For something like that it can all depend on the welding job. If you have the capacity to bend it instead of welding it then I say bend it to make it all 1 piece. Only reason I would suggest using the 3 holes would be so after you lift it if the axle was sitting a little to far forward then you could move it back to get it centered in the wheel well opening.