leaf spring bushing recommendations

I vote to go with OEM rubber. Poly rides harder but, more important, doesn't flex. When a leaf sprung axle gets twisted (like compressed on one side and drooped on the other), the springs have to twist to allow this. Stiffer poly buching mean the spring leaves themselves twist MORE ... which is not good for the springs.

I vote to go with OEM rubber. Poly rides harder but, more important, doesn't flex. When a leaf sprung axle gets twisted (like compressed on one side and drooped on the other), the springs have to twist to allow this. Stiffer poly buching mean the spring leaves themselves twist MORE ... which is not good for the springs.

I second this vote. I have pooly in my front control arms, and they suck.

The new shackles I just put on the rear came with poly bushings for the frame end, and I don't have a problem there, but I think the bushings in the leaf should remain rubber.

I second this vote. I have pooly in my front control arms, and they suck.

The new shackles I just put on the rear came with poly bushings for the frame end, and I don't have a problem there, but I think the bushings in the leaf should remain rubber.

Absolutely, stay with the factory rubber bushings!!

CW

sorry to thread jack :grrrr:

if you were to get a long arm kit, could u randomly find rubber bushings to use instead of the poly?

I assure you that long arm fab people aren't having bushings custom made. You just need to find out what the bushing they're using is, and then find the rubber variant.