Florida Title Question

RockMJ

Hey guys, I'm getting close to registering my MJ and had a question regarding the title and Florida. I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with registering a vehicle that the seller never registered and the title is in the person they bought it from names still? I guess it would be considered a jump title? I am going to call the DMV Monday but I was curious to see if anyone has any experience with this? On the title is says the last time it was registered was 2008 and the guy I bought my MJ from had it for roughly 6 months and never registered it. The lady who owned it before him signed the title and her name is there, not the guy I bought it from. Just trying to get my bearings straight and get some input on this. Thanks everyone!

RockMJ

Fl, Co any state the best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and don't say anything. You can always call the DMV and ask any questions anonymously but don't just walk up to the desk with title in hand asking questions. My personal opinion. Hopefully some one from Fl who knows will give you a knowledgeable reply.

:agree: Do it all the time actually... I buy and sell cars all the time with hopscotched titles. It helps if you have or can "aquire" a bill of sale in the title owners name. ;) My 94 XJ had a FL title in the original owners name that had been bought at auction by another dealer in Alabama, THEN driven to MD where I bought it, THEN I registered it in PA where I live with a FL title in PO name and a very sketchy used car dealers transfer of ownership paper in someone elses name. :dunno:

I bought my MJ in Georgia. it had the second hand title, guy i bought it from never registered it.When i went to the tag office i just said i need to get this vehicle registered.didnt mention i got it from who or what. good point in life is don't give anyone information they don't need.you will need the vehicle there with you, any vehicle from out of state the Florida dmv needs to verify the VIN.

if you have the title and its signed and the vin matched you should be ok :)

Thanks guys, I don't plan on spilling the beans to the DMV but I was wondering how everyone else had dealt with the situation in the past. I'm making progress on getting the MJ road worthy and hopefully by late September ill have her together. I have to start a build thread one of these days. Thanks again!

RockMJ