gauge cluster and quick connects

ok first is the gauge cluster.ive got the idiot lights.I'm wanting a new cluster with a tach and gauges. what is the best and easiest way the take the old cluster out? where to unhook the speedo cable is the best?? and is there any other cluster that will plug back into the plug from the stock idiot light cluster??i can do without the tach but would like it.just lookin for tips and ideas?

my next question is the quick snap things as found on the fuel rail and tranny coolant lines. my concern is on the transmission coolant lines.has anyone rigged up a way to go without these? or a way so they won't leak or crack? any easy or better way to use them? once again just lookin for tips and advice.

It will not be 100% plug and play.. you will need to swap out the sending units for oil temp and pressure. other than that just plug in the now cluster... also if the plastic is blue on your cluster you need to go for another blue one, same goes for white. in 1990 or 1991 (can't remember what year) they swapped to electronic speedometer

They swapped to electric in '91. Any cluster from '84-'90 Cherokee and '86-'90 Comanche will work. If you do find one from an '84-'86, you will need the speedometer cable also as that mount is a bit different in back. '87-'90 will be a direct bolt in with only changing out those two sensors (oil and coolant).

For the quick snap rings, the only way I know of is to make a different line with AN fittings. The little plastic clips are cheap if you need to replace them, as well as the little rubber o-ring inside. Those clips and o-rings tend to last for a long time (I usually have issues with the hoses going bad before the clips and o-rings).

The biggest trouble I've had with the 'quick connects' is when they get full of crud. You can't squeeze them enough to dis engage them. I spray a little solvent into the connector, then blow it with the air hose. Second biggest problem is when they come apart the o ring falls out and gets lost.