Speedo Connecter on the Tranny

Going to be swapping over to a non-idiot cluster this weekend and have all the parts and whatnot ready to do the swap. I've heard that disconnecting the Speedo-cable from the transmission will give it some slack so it's easier to fiddle with inside the dash.

My question is that I found 3 "plugs" on the passenger side of the transmission housing, 2 of which plug directly into it, and one is sitting next to it. The one sitting next to it connects to another plug and is 3 inches long.

Am I correct in guessing that the 3 in. long plug is what connects the speedometer to the tranny? I'd take pictures for you guys but it's getting dark down here and my phone takes crappy pictures when I'm under the truck. :headpop: If I have to take pics, I'll take em tomorrow morning.

On mine, I just stretch it as much as I can and then stuff it through the fire wall and there is enough to get it unhooked. As far as unhooking it underneath, It should just unscrew from the T-case. At least that is how mine is. Not sure about the "plugs" your talking about... :???:

On mine, I just stretch it as much as I can and then stuff it through the fire wall and there is enough to get it unhooked. As far as unhooking it underneath, It should just unscrew from the T-case. At least that is how mine is. Not sure about the "plugs" your talking about... :???:

The speedo cable screws into the transfer case on the drivers side.

:oops: Appreciate the info guys. I thought it was on the passenger side, but I was wrong. Guess I'll figure out what those other plugs are another time.