Random wires sticking out of my trans...

So, as the title states, there is is a bundle of wires sticking out from the side of my transmission housing. Not sure what they go to or if they go to anything, but they have a connector. Just thought I would check with somebody first before I write it off as no problem. They are sticking out the passengers side. I'll try to get a pic up when I can.

Only thing on the pass side of the AW4 is the NSS switch but if that were not connected it wouldn't start or drive. Maybe someone swapped in a newer TC and the wires could be for the 4wd indicator lights.

There's the possibility that I'm wrong about what transmission it is, but it looks a lot like an ax 15. Tomorrow I'll get underneath of it and try to get more information and a few pictures.

The only wires for an AX-15 is the reverse light switch.

Ok, got some pics today.

Here is one side of the transmission with the wires just hanging there. Where should they connect to?

And on the other side, only one of the pieces is connected...

Some of the custom work on this is excellent, while other parts are lacking... I wonder what else has been bypassed.

The one on the pass side is the reverse switch. There should be a harness that connects to that connector, goes up the pass side bell housing and fire wall and connects to a (i believe) 7 wire flat connector. The other side is the clutch bleeder. There's no line that goes into it, it just gives a spot to bleed the internal clutch as there's no other way to bleed it.

Ok, thanks. I'll see if I can get them hooked up tomorrow. I haven't seen a harness for them, so I may need to purchase one. Funny, I thought I checked all the exterior lights, those are some pretty important ones to forget...

If you want the actual harness, you should be able to find one at a junkyard pretty easily. The AX15 and AX5 plugs are the same, maybe even the AX4 also. I ripped out an '86 AX5 from my MJ and put in a '92 AX15 and the harness plugs right into the AX15 switch.

I can run out and get colors tomorrow if you want to just run your own wires up.