My first Jeep Comanche Project!!!

The tail lights were pretty hazed up from the sun so what I did was got some fine grit polishing compound and hand rubbed them until they looked real clear. It's easier if they are off the truck that way you can lay them in your lap. It's a lot easier on you shoulders! Buff off the compound. Masking tape the lense part of the light. Take your time and keep a nice sharp edge. Trim with a razor blade. I took a fine grit sandpaper and scuffed up the part I was going to paint and shot a thin coat of primer. When that dried, I sprayed 2 coats of satin black paint. Pretty simple, and they came out like new tail lights! I thought they really added to the back of the truck.

Glenn

Trying to find some good ideas for the rear bumper build. Thinking about using 4X2 steel tubing laid flat with a top and bottom rail. Top being longer than the bottom, cut on a wedge shape. Swear I saw one like that on here, but can't seem to find it again. Think it was a red MJ.

Anybody with ideas would be appreciated!

Glenn

• 4 months later...

I'm looking to make this truck a 4X4. What should I look for in a cherokee to get me started? My truck is a 2.5 with a 4 speed manual. Would a transfer case off a 4.0 automatic bolt up, or should I just srart looking for a parted out 2.5 4X4.

Thanks

Glenn