Odd Heating Problem

Driving home from work a few days ago and I decide to fire up my heater to see if it works (after god knows how long it had been since last turned on) and to my surprise, it fires right up, and is blowing hot.

The problem is, yesterday and today when I go to test it again, and just fiddle with the A/C controls, nothing turns on. After spending 5 minutes flipping on all the switches, and moving the handle from hot to cold, I get nothing. I figure it might be the truck has to warm up, so I try again after 20 minutes of driving and still nothing. :redX:

The only thing I can think of is that a fuse possibly blew (which I haven't had the time to check due to work constraints), but other than that, would anything else cause the whole system to just stay shut off like this? Input is appreciated, as always.

Could be the fan itself.

And it could be the resistor pack. Slide the control slider to any of the "ON" positions (heat, bi-level, anything but[/i] "OFF"). Turn the fan switch to the highest speed. If the fan runs on high speed but not at the lower speeds, you most likely need a resistor pack.

Could be the fan itself.

And it could be the resistor pack. Slide the control slider to any of the "ON" positions (heat, bi-level, anything but "OFF"). Turn the fan switch to the highest speed. If the fan runs on high speed but not at the lower speeds, you most likely need a resistor pack.

Tried doing that, and the fan will run at lower speeds. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, it started working like normal again. SO it is neither the resistor pack nor the fan... Another electrical gremlin to add to my growing list I suppose :doh: Although I did check to see if a fuse blew... but found something odd.

The PO has several fuses of the wrong wattage in spots. He had a 30 watt in the radio instead of a 15, and a 20 instead of a 25 in the blower spot and just.... Jesus christ. Should have taken a better look at the fuse box when I first bought the truck.... Going to have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Look for a leaking clutch master cyl. The fluid drips onto the fuse block and causes much mahem! I have probs. with my blower motor stopping from time to time only to start working on it's own ,or when i wiggle the fuse. :cheers:

Look for a leaking clutch master cyl. The fluid drips onto the fuse block and causes much mahem! I have probs. with my blower motor stopping from time to time only to start working on it's own ,or when i wiggle the fuse. :cheers:

Looked back there when I bought the Jeep, and there was slight leakage, but when I swapped a new MC in there, I cleaned everything up and haven't seen leakage since. I had a feeling it could be that, but I'm going to take another look at the fuse box in the morning and see if everything is as it should be down there. :cheers: