Spare tire mount

I'm trying to figure out a spare tire mount and need some inspiration. I would really appreciate if you guys could post some pics of your tire mounts. I want to use up as little bed space as possible... I currently have 31" tires but will most likely go bigger in the future. I'm considering mounting it to my bumper but I think it might look stupid... What ever it is , it doesn't need to be full time. I still carry my spare underneath.

i was just thinking about this myself. they sell tailgates that will hold the tire. they have bed mounts you can mount anywhere you want in the bed. then they have bedside mounts where it mounts anywhere to the side of the bed. personally I'm like you. i have 31s now but will be 33s. so ill need the space later and don't want to drill up the bed. might just go with the in-bed mount but really i can just leave mine in the bed with a lock around it.

I'm not an off-roader but I have seen some mounted on a roof rack atop the cab.

REALLY bad idea, IMHO.

Difficult to access. Makes the vehicle more top-heavy, which is NOT a plus when taking a lifted vehicle across a side slope traverse.

Plus a 33" or larger tire is heavy enough to be a major PITA to lift up there or take down.

I really don't like the idea of putting it on the roof for the reasons already stated and because I think it would look stupid IMHO. I'm thinking about putting it in the middle of the bed. That way, my dog can ride in the front (he is an Akita aka REALLY BIG), and then I can stack stuff behind the tire and it will keep stuff from sliding into him... Also,The tire is about the same height as the wheel wells so I could build a platform that goes over it from the front of the tire back to the tailgate. That way I could put the more valuable stuff under it and make a way to lock the tail gate and it would be somewhat safe. But that wouldn't happen for a while.... I'm probably going to have more than one mount so I can move it out of the way if needed. It seems like there are lots of different options until you actually start holding the tire up and the bed all of the sudden looks alot smaller... I just don't want to start cutting holes until i'm sure were I want it.

Thanks think.gif