Shackle Relocation kit

Brandon won't make that much difference on the rear, huge improvement on the front though but that doesn't apply here . If you are looking to improve ride remove the second leaf from your spring pack.

It's not so much ride improvement that I'm Looking for I drive a 20+ year old truck, it's the fact that I'm looking for a tad bit more lift in the back and I had heard in the past that if you drop the leaf spring shackle down you will add lift. And since I have to remove the rear end soon any ways to re do the Pinion angle I thought I could also do this. And before you say it a SOA is out of the question because of my hellscreek 4.5" leafs I would have 10+" of lift :eek: Thanks

Brandon

Right now I have 2" RC drop shackles. I would love 8" of lift but thanks to the hellscreek amazing lift springs I can't just do a SOA with drop shackles to get there. So I'm trying to find other ways to get close to that. Right now I think that with the spacers up front, 4.5" RC coil springs, 4.5" hellscreek lift springs and 2" RC drop shackles I have 6"+ of lift. I don't like the idea of supper long shackles, but what are XK shackles? Thanks

Brandon

you just need to calm down and be happy with what you've got for now. is it even 4wd yet? i mean take care of the basics before you go all lift crazy. the money could be better spent else where.

sorry not trying to be all :smart:

On the 15th my truck will be going off the road for about a week so I can redo the rear Pinion angle, put I the AW4 trans, 231 t case, front Dana 30, 4x4 shifter,and maybe if we have time finish up the rear bumper and mount that on. So before I do all of that I'm trying to take care of a bunch of little stuff I can do while it's off the road and taken apart. I know a place I could get that shackle relocater for like $30 bucks. Thanks for trying to look out for me you might of known that if I would get off my a$$ and update my build page but... I haven't yet.

Brandon

Not sure about the HD kit, but I know that the new Rough Country kit won't fit the MJ without modification as the shackle boxes are different between the XJ & MJ.

The shackle relocation boxes (in my opinion) are not needed on the MJ's as we don't deal with shackle angle's like the XJ guys do. If you do, a simple boomerang shackle fixes the issue.