You guys think this is a good deal???

A shop near me has customer that is selling 4 used KM2s and a brand new BFG mud terrain, as a spare, for 700 bucks. The KM2s have about 80 - 90% life on them and like mentioned the mudder is new. 35- 12.5-15s on all tires. Also the tires have toyota steelies on all five with them. Ill be selling the wheels to recoupe some cash i hope. They seem real solid and don't see any plugs or bad damage. Any thoughts??

Thanks guys I'm breaking the bank to make this happen so i need it to be a good deal. Been looking at new ones and the prices are up there, but i know some people have real nice hook-ups and was wandering if this was on par.

I thought the KM2 was the mud terrain? When I bought my 33x12.50x15s new, they were about $180 a piece (as part of a package deal with wheels). The 35s were slightly cheaper than the 33s at the time. At $140 each, you're saving ~22% on tires that have already been used 10-20%. Just a little perspective.

You have to decide if that's a good deal to you or not. You can't let other people make that decision for you. If you do your research (I'm not saying ignorantly do what makes you happy), know what you're getting in to and you're happy with the deal, then that's all that matters.

Thanks for the info Ryman. I was getting no where near that low of price on new ones if i was to buy them with out a wheel tire combo deal. If i remember correctly 225.00 was around the cheapest and up to 299.00 when i googled prices. If infact i can get new ones for near the pricing you mention then this definatly changes things. I am not a huge fan of used tires in the first place and would save a bit more to get new ones if i can find them that cheap. Oh and i might be wrong on the brand of the spare tire but i know i read mudd terain on the side of it but i didn't see KM2 anywhere on it and the tread pattern is obviously different the the tires marked KM2. Again thanks for the response :cheers:

4 Wheel Parts has them listed at $229 a piece (35x12.50x15) with a $50 rebate if you buy at least 4. Tire Rack has them for $211 each.

The spare may be an original KM mud terrain. I liked the look of those tires better, but the KM2 is a much better tire. Good luck.

I do plan on using them personally as they are almost new and are the size i was looking for. Jokingly the guys at my shop next door to the one selling them said to me they remember seeing the truck when he first got them and has more miles on them pulling them in and out of the shop then on the road :rotf: I really trust the people selling them and the seller is working with me on payments so i think I'm committed to grabing them. I really appreciate the feedback so far on this and it has helped me feel better about the whole purchase. If something goes wrong i know these guys are cool enouph to work with me if needed.

So with that said ive got one more question. Can someone point me in the dirrection of some good info on running these tires? Like preasures in mud vs. rock crawling with out bead locks. Maybe also some of the more common failures of the KM2s.

Thanks all