4 cylinder/AX15

I know someone here runs an AX15 behind a 4 cylinder using the Dakota bell housing.

I would like to do that, but have a few questions:

What clutch to use?

Anything need done to the flywheel?

How about pilot bearing?

AX15 pressure plate and throw out bearing, or Camaro also?

If you mean the pressure plate for an AX-15 and a 4.0L engine, I think the pressure plate will be too big to fit in the smaller 2.5L bell housing.

Dumb question: Since the bell housing to make this work is from a Dakota that mates the AX-15 to the 2.5L engine -- why not use the Dakota clutch that goes with that engine and tranny combination?

AX15 pressure plate and throw out bearing, or Camaro also?

If you mean the pressure plate for an AX-15 and a 4.0L engine, I think the pressure plate will be too big to fit in the smaller 2.5L bell housing.

Dumb question: Since the bell housing to make this work is from a Dakota that mates the AX-15 to the 2.5L engine -- why not use the Dakota clutch that goes with that engine and tranny combination?

I didn't know if a Dakota 2.5l clutch would work on an AMC 2.5l engine, that's why I was asking. And I meant the pressure plate from the Dakota the tranny would be off of.

My AX-4 does not have a 4th gear synchro, and it sounds like some bearings are falling apart inside (came out of a well abused 92 YJ). If I'm going to replace it, I figured I might as well upgrade.

From what I've read the 2.5l Dakota used a 14 spline clutch and ours is a 10 spline but I can't confirm that.

The clutch disk is 9-1/8" OD and 1-1/8"X10 spline

Napa #RCF4198 its for a 2.5l 4spd comaro

The pressure plate and throw out will be 2.5L jeep stuff unless you went to the Dakota flywheel then you can use the 2.5l dakota stuff,I've also heard this eliminates the custom pilot bearing.

I haven't done this swap so this is just things I've read as I've looked into converting mine over so don't just take my word for it.