PRODUCT REVIEW: Brown Dog Offroad motor mounts

Well I am not sure if you may or may not know this but if you plan on hard wheeling a Jeep with a 4.0you run the risk of sheering the bosses off the block like I did,...

To fix the issue at hand I purchase www.browndogindustries.com motor mounts.

First off, let Me say their customer service and knowledge of the 4.0 and Jeeps in general is amazing only trumped by their passion and the product they produce!

The mounts are VERY beefy, beautiful welds and a nice yellow powdercoat (I assume)

The hardware comes well packaged and easily identifiable and the instructions are very detailed

width=746 height=1000[/img]

and obviously shows pride in the workmanship when they sign their product!

width=746 height=1000[/img]

The install was very easy and took about 2 hrs to install with hand tools in my garage. I undid the motor mounts on both sides to the chassis and jacked up the motor enough to clear the frame mounts. Then removed the passenger side block plate. EASY! the only issue that slowed me down was one bolt that broke that took a bit to extricate.

and in,..

Fit like a glove!!

Now onto the passenger side :)

It went just as smoothly and actually faster over the driver side , the mount was a bit tight on the alternator but with some finesse on the alt mount it slid in.

Overall I love the product and it puts me one step closer to being ready for racing at http://www.highriders.ca Challenge . The cost is minimal for the amount of time that it would of taken to make them myself!

Just need to torque them all down and move onto the next project!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i bought the brown dog mounts(just the mounts,not brackets)because i've broke 2 sets of stock mounts in 12 years during every day driving.i don't think i'll ever break these mounts but i do wish i had bought the slightly softer of the 2 mounts for everyday because they are a little harsh but are livable.