Hey electrical gurus!

I am installing a switch to turn the electric fan on. I am running a wire from the switch(on dash) to a 30A relay under hood then to the electric fan. Can I tie that wire into the fan plug AND still leave it hooked up to the factory wiring? I would like the fan to still come on by itself at 240 and have the option to turn it on anytime.

I am installing a switch to turn the electric fan on. I am running a wire from the switch(on dash) to a 30A relay under hood then to the electric fan. Can I tie that wire into the fan plug AND still leave it hooked up to the factory wiring? I would like the fan to still come on by itself at 240 and have the option to turn it on anytime.

You don't need an additional relay to wire in a fan manual control dash switch. Use your existing fan relay and apply a ground (or 12V, whatever triggers the Renix fan relay) to the relay coil via the dash switch. With the dash switch in the OPEN position (not energized), the aux fan will continue to operate normally.

I have a wiring diagram for this for the HO I can send you, but it's the same principle for the Renix.

You don't need an additional relay to wire in a fan manual control dash switch. Use your existing fan relay and apply a ground (or 12V, whatever triggers the Renix fan relay) to the relay coil via the dash switch. With the dash switch in the OPEN position (not energized), the aux fan will continue to operate normally.

I have a wiring diagram for this for the HO I can send you, but it's the same principle for the Renix.

Wish I'd said all that but I was too busy bangin a bed post.

Why are you adding a relay? The aux fan already has a relay -- just add a wire from your dash switch to the input side of the relay control circuit.