TPS adjustment (throttle position sensor)

I hade an issue with my fuel pump recently, but before i knew that was the problem....I tinkered with the TPS to see if maybe that needed adjustment maybe :doh: Which ofcoarse it didnt. So I installed and triedlining up the marks i put on it with a sharpee but it still seemed a bit off & took longer to start......Long story long,I finally got it where it seems to start at its usual 5 seconds of cranking point. (wish it'd fireup on a dime) ........ My question is: IS there wa sway of adjuting the TPS? I just set it where it starts fairly normal & runs normal. When i say normal i mean within 5 seconds or so of cranking. The TPS has adjustment slots,yet i havent seen any info on adjusting it and would like to know what the deal is with it if at all possible. thanx.

*My buddy once said as hes standing by my truck "ya oughta sell this & get you a Cherokee* - :no:

Thanx ............I suppose I will have to buy a Volt meter.Seems to be something that is needed fairly often on the Comanche. Dang,I was hoping there were more simple "no equiptment needed" instructions to adjust it :bowdown: Such as ....adjusting it by ear or a certain method based on Rpm & cranking or something like that. But Ok....I will put a Volt meter on my list of things to get~

measuring it by check the volt within spec. its easy to adjustment.

Mines an 88 Comanche 5 speed Dana 35 ,10 Trillion vaccuum lines and 168,000 sensors :peek: / I just cheked out the instructions ....very helpful. But those division figures are quite intricate & complex in my opinion. I guess the math part of the job would be the hardest,But ty for the link. helpful stuff there.

What year MJ do you have? If It's '90 or older and a 4.0 the adjustment can be found here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavist ... manual.pdf the settings are different for Auto and Manual trans.

after dealing with sensor problems with my 88 4.0, i think back to the days of carbs. then i remember jetting webers on my 2.8. or the pieceocrap carb that came with it. :yes: soapbox.gif i'll take the 4.0. renox.