Exhaust kit?

I have bad exhaust leaks and poor emissions in my '86 comanche 2.5L long bed. I've never replaced exhaust parts and have no welding experience. Where do I find parts, such as pipes, cat, muffler? Are there direct fit options or do I need to hire a welder?

I was hoping to find a good condition complete exhaust system at the junkyard, but the few comanche long beds I find have the cat cut out.

I just bought a new muffler and cat through rockauto.com. Cheaper than local stores even after shipping. Everything is bolt on and requires no welding. Do you also need the downpipe and the section that runs from the muffler to the tailpipe? If that is rusted out, you'll need a shop to bend you new tubes.

I just bought a new muffler and cat through rockauto.com. Cheaper than local stores even after shipping. Everything is bolt on and requires no welding. Do you also need the downpipe and the section that runs from the muffler to the tailpipe? If that is rusted out, you'll need a shop to bend you new tubes.

Yes the muffler to tailpipe is rusted out. Is it best to remove the old pipes and take it to a shop to bend?

All the parts are available through the parts stores. I get mine from Auto Zone. Mufflers are lifetime warranty -- buy one, and you'll never buy another.

There is no welding required. The factory system uses muffler clamps at all joints.

No emissions where I live so... hacksawed the mount for the converter off of the head pipe. Bought about three sections of 2" I.D. tube, clamps, a hanger, a turn down, and a glasspack muffler and did my exhaust from the head pipe back for under $50.

headpipe(clamp)tube(clamp)tube(clamp)muffler+ hanger(clamp)tube(clamp)turndown.

Muffler ended up right under factory hanger mount and the round tube muffler design tucks up nice and high.