just a couple questions for ya guys...

#1 Are the gauges clusters from the XJ compatible with the MJ?

#2 Are they engine specific?

#3 Anyone know where i can find a fuel sending unit for 2.5L? no parts distributor in the area makes anymore...and word on the street is their engine specific as well.

just a couple questions for ya guys...

#1 Are the gauges clusters from the XJ compatible with the MJ?

#2 Are they engine specific?

#3 Anyone know where i can find a fuel sending unit for 2.5L? no parts distributor in the area makes anymore...and word on the street is their engine specific as well.

#1 - Yes. But the year is important. The speedo cable for 1984 - 1986 (maybe 87-1/2) is different from the cable for 1987 (maybe late) to 1990. 1991 and newer use an electric speedometer.

2 - Yes if the cluster includes a tachometer, but the 1988 and newer style have a potentiometer that can be adjusted for 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder.

#3 - Happy hunting.

so if i snatch the speedo cluster out of an 88 cherokee and throw it into a comanche of the same year itll work? minus the part of switching it to a 4 cylinder setting?

and how do you switch it to the 4 cylinder setting.

so if i snatch the speedo cluster out of an 88 cherokee and throw it into a comanche of the same year itll work? minus the part of switching it to a 4 cylinder setting?

and how do you switch it to the 4 cylinder setting.

Adjust the potentiometer on the back of the tachometer.

#1 - Yes. But the year is important. The speedo cable for 1984 - 1986 (maybe 87-1/2) is different from the cable for 1987 (maybe late) to 1990. 1991 and newer use an electric speedometer.

I put a 90 model year cluster in my 86 MJ, although the speedo cables are different it will still work. There just isnt a retainer clip to hold the cable into the speedometer. My cable was stiff enough to hold itself in without needing a retainer clip. I have been driving it like this for a year without any issues. Just thought I might share that it can be done