Anyone running a 3.4 with an OD transmission?

I am considering a swap in my Comanche to replace the 2.8. Has anyone done this swap and used an AOD transmission? I hear I can run a 700r4/4l60 behind it. Just trying to find anyone with experience swapping in an AOD trans.

I'm running the 3.4 with the ax5 and have been considering swapping in a 700r4 backed by a 231 but what I got works great for the time being , what is it yer trying to do ? Sure you can swap it in along as the bellhousing is a 60 degree configuration . There is most likely going to be some difference in length so drive shaft mods will have to be done along with some other odds and ends I'm sure I'm forgetting but still possible .

Just in the planning phase right now. I just want the truck to be a good runner. The body is awesome on the truck and I already have an XJ that i wheel so i'm gonna save this one from a beating! Basically want the truck to be a solid rig to take to jeep club events/parts runs and for camping. Obviously i'm gonna have to adapt the shifter linkages to work with the set up as well as get the shaft either shortened or lengthened. I am thinking a 3.4 out of a 93-95 Fbody with a 700R4/231c out of an S-series.will work for what i want. Trying to get Decent MPG's out of the truck as well. It is a jeep and it is a truck so thats a lot to ask for! :D