Here she is! Project smokey!

Well after 3 weeks of waiting on the idiot to finally sell it to me and getting my Jeep stuck trying to pull it out of his yard on Easter, I got it!

86 LWB, 2.8, A904, (nmot sure on T-case), w/ 66k on the clock and a knocking motor.

It also has a sweet gunrack behind the seat that is staying there. I am thinking of doing a series 3 3800 swap into it but we'll see what thats gonna run. first. I still need to finish the XJ.

Nice find 65k :drool: can you get a pic of the gun rack sounds nice.

Brandon

Yeah I'll get a pic of it. I only paid $450 for this truck BTW! :D Got the dash all torn apart trying to find out whats up with the hot wire for the radio, the fuse is there but its not working. Also, is it normal for the metal behind the dash to be rusty? I'm thinking this truck may have been under water which would explain the motor knocking! :wrench:

Well, I got the radio working in her. TUrns out the etc fuse was blown so it was not getting power to the radio. Now I need to see if I can fix the motor knock so I can drive it more than around the block! :wrench:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we started tearing into her a couple days ago. Got the pan dropped and the y-pipe cut out of the way. at a stopping point right now because my buddy has his kids this weekend.

Got the crappy wally world lights replaced with these:

Cost me a whole 22 bucks for Hella 500FF's! :D

the motor knock try puttim some thicker oil in the if your just goin to replace it later then

I'm afraid its well past thicker oil being of any help. He said he put rotella in it and tried to quiet the knock. Hoping I can have the crank machined for oversize bearings and replace the mains while i'm in there. If I can't its motor swappin' time! :D Damn, why can't this be a 4 banger or an 87 with a 4.0!