96 XJ Proportioning Valve Front Left Wheel Port LEAKING $@#!

So I installed a 1996 XJ proportioning valve right where the stock MJ one fit. I hooked up the lines exactly as they fit on the MJ valve and did not install the line that fits at the very front of the valve because that port is not on the XJ valve. The lower rear line that feeds the front drivers side caliper is leaking out of the valve. So I removed the line and bent a new 3/8" line (3/8" is the wrench size, but I think the like is 3/16"). The new line leaks at the valve too. What am I doing wrong? Is that line metric or something?

I think they use bubble flares? And the valve should require some adapters, I know I bought some when I did my '96 swap. Quoting this guide (http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/xj-brake-upgrade-3352/) the sizes that he used are...

a 3/16" female to 1/4" male adapter

a 3/16" female to 5/16" male adapter

a 3/16" female to M12 x 1.0 male bubble end adapter

a 3/16" famale to M10 x 1.0 male bubble end adapter

Ok so my flare was wrong on that port...but the rest sealed up well...

Also, I think I installed the lines wrong. So apparently the line coming out of the front of the MJ valve is supposed to feed the rear on the XJ valve? I just threaded the Xj valve where the MJ one was and left the front port off. Did I do something wrong?

I'm confused... Did you eliminate the rear height-sensing valve above the rear axle? The front port (the port closest to the front of the truck) should be plugged on the XJ valve, leaving you with one port going to the rear of the truck.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... prop+valve

Follow one of the pictures on that thread. Those are the three ways you can do it.