Calling you PA/MD guys

kyleag89

Lol just looked them up on google and found two reviews of there place:

Called for a part, and only got so far as the year and model before they said "not yet"...not even knowing what I wanted. Living in Smithsburg, I pass this place daily. I'm pretty sure I won't ever walk through their door any time soon.

Was this review helpful? Yes - No - Flag as inappropriate

Going to this "business" proved my mother ever more so right when she said to me a long time ago, "People just don't care anymore!" The employees at this place haven't any social skills whatsoever! They do not care about you or your situation and have told me that to my face. They should be thrown in jail for buying stolen products. And not to mention the parts they sell are a sham, don't work properly, or were half-assed made! I highly recommend That you do not go to this place if you want to get friendly service and keep your money! They say they will buy your vehicle... They will pick it up and drive away without so much as an offer. And if your lucky to get the offer its going to be below there 50 rule.

:dunno: How was your luck there? Is this the place thats also called Ellwoods?? If so I have been there and the old guy that runs this place is one of the biggest A holes Ive ever met.

It's hit and miss. I went there for some Ford hubcaps a few years back when I accidentally broke one of my father-in-law's on the construction job....

I think the key is to ask the price of whatever part you're looking for up front, then go find the part.

Otherwise, the price will be inflated.

It also depends on who's there. If it's the old guy, yea he's an a$$hole. But the younger guy that helped me was pretty decent.

...then again, it probably helps that I went to school with one of their sons.

As far as the name, yea Elwood's might also be the name. I think that's the name of the old guy that owns it.

They're a bunch of good ol' boys, you go in there and BS with them, and you might get a better deal.

If you're ever on the Eastern side of PA, there are two pick n' pulls I always go to - Junkyard Barbie and Crescent Auto Parts. Both are within 5 minutes of each other in Morrisville, PA. Junkyard Barbie has a Cherokee/Grand Cherokee section and has had an MJ sitting in their yard for almost a year now. I took everything I wanted from it, but there are still a few MJ-specific items on it.

Thanks for the info guys.. I am well over 3 hours from Morrisville though. I'm mainly looking for a electronic guage cluster with around 160K miles. I don't know of any way to set the elec speedos to the correct mileage, mine is junk. I also want a factory or aftermarket that looks like the factory bull bar.

Thanks for the info guys.. I am well over 3 hours from Morrisville though. I'm mainly looking for a electronic guage cluster with around 160K miles. I don't know of any way to set the elec speedos to the correct mileage, mine is junk. I also want a factory or aftermarket that looks like the factory bull bar.

I may have one, if you're interested. I took one out of a '91 Cherokee in hopes that it would fix my "3/4 is full" fuel gauge, but it didn't, so I stuck the original cluster back in. I want to say the mileage was around 160K, too. I'll have to look when I get home.