87 Comanche w/black interior, U-Pull & Pay Aurora

airspeed

I was over at the U-Pull & Pay in Aurora and saw a 87 Comanche with black interior, bucket seats and console. Everything was there except the right door!!!

I have read on the forum that the black interior is rare, it did look unusual. This truck also had a molded lower areo kit that ran from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well, two pieces. Again the only problem, it was missing the left side. It would probably be kind of cool on a lowered street truck.

Brother finally made it out. He went to the wrong yard first. Didn't know there were 2. console was all busted up so i told him to forget it. the seats were in sorry condition but I figure the mounting frame was worth something so he's getting both of them. He's also getting the right tail light and tail gate for me. Should be down this Sat and we'll see what's what.

Brother finally made it out. He went to the wrong yard first. Didn't know there were 2. console was all busted up so i told him to forget it. the seats were in sorry condition but I figure the mounting frame was worth something so he's getting both of them. He's also getting the right tail light and tail gate for me. Should be down this Sat and we'll see what's what.

Did he check to see if it had a 44?

Little Bro just left. What I got for $85. Seats are sorry but useable. What I understand the brackets is the goodies. Anyway I got XJ seats all over the place. Tailgate is nice, no rust or dents. Just a little wear rubs. Tail light is weird. All four screws mount from the outside. Every TL I've seen the two inner screws go in from the TG opening.

He didn't get the VIN.

Looks like someone put a Dakota tail in the MJ. You should go back there for the interior. If it had buckets factory, it would have a factory MJ black center console, plus, I would grab all the MJ specific black interior stuff. I can't tell you how many members have contacted me on getting the black stuff I have.

Rob

The console was all busted up from who ever pulled the tranny. It's 110 miles from me or I would take the TL back and get the rest of the interior. Being Dakota would explain why it was left and other side was gone. And as for black interior, why can't all the panels be removed and recovered with black material? Or painted?

Will a XJ console fit in the MJ? I could go try one but just wondering if it's already been done. Tried.

Sounds like it may be a Street MJ.

:( Very sad if it is. Only 100 made. If it is, pull the placard off the dash. Will be a nice Comanche momento to have. Also grab the vin and put it in the registry.

:cheers: