Drive shaft for: 1992 LWB, Found, Kinda.

FrankTheDog

Blew the Dana 35 in my MJ today, I already have a Dana 44 to put in it. I'm converting it from 2WD to 4WD in the future and the driveshaft I have doesn't work in either application.

So I need a shaft for a 1992 LWB with a 4.0, AX15, NP231 and Dana 44. I'm located in Northwest Connecticut. Thanks.

That's going to be tough to find. Your current LWB 2WD drive shaft is about 60" long. Why don't you get everything bolted together then have yours shortened and balanced? :thumbsup:

Can't cut the 2wd shaft, it is a 4" tube shaft with a 3" shaft inside it with rubber between them.

I'm all set though, I used a NP231 and AX15 from a 96 XJ and I was able to use a shaft out of a 88 Big Ton that had an AW4 in it. The 96 231 with external slip is longer than the older internal slip style 231 by about 1.5". It was enough to make it fit, I'll see how it works when I get everything else buttoned up and take it for a spin.

Can't cut the 2wd shaft, it is a 4" tube shaft with a 3" shaft inside it with rubber between them.

Sure you can, just cut and weld the other end.

Did on mine to 44 45 something inches.

No need to cut it now, I already have another shaft in there all bolted up with new ujoints. I lucked out being able to use something I already had in my parts stash.

Thanks for the info though, I didn't know what the shaft looked like on the inside so I didn't want to cut it and lose the shaft.