yellow ignition wire?

I have a 88 renix 4.0 manual that somebody has bypassed the ignition to a switch with a wire then ran power back to the battery... I'm trying to correct this so i re soldered the yellow wire back together. i have nothing now when i turn the key no fuel pump kick or buzzer, just dead... any idead what he could have been bypassing by doin this that might be bad? any info would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me nut's trying to figure out!

Might be a problem with the fuse block. My '89 had the same thing done for the dash lights. They were on a switch because there was no good connection left in the disintegrated fuse block.

I have not replaced the key tumbler but i have replaced the ignition switch.when the switch was hooked up i had to turn the key forward to start so i figured the tumbler was good? just flip the switch to power up the ignition. I have no power to any of the wires at the plug at the ignition module. I also have no power at the IGN wire at the fuse block.

i had this same problem about 4 months ago.i replaced the key switch and it didnt help so i got a ignition switch.didnt fit went and got another didnt fit either.after 4 different switches at 3 different stores that didnt fit i gave up and did what the po of your truck did.just ran a pushbutton switch from battery to starter solenoid. after that from time to time the key wouldnt crank it so i just push the button and it would start.that went on for about 2 months on a random basis. honestly though it has'nt happened in at least 2 months.i know none of that probably helps you.

my guess would be the ignition switch,when you installed yours did you have the slider in the right position?i can't remember the procedure but its here on the forum somewhere.maybe try and find that and read thru it and see if when you installed yours everything went like it says there?hopefully that will help