Stubborn Water Leak: Dr Door

So I finally tracked down one of my major water leaks and it's coming from the driver's door, specifically the leading edge to door bottom transition (90 degree bend in the door opening by the fender). The rubber water deflector on the A pillar seems to be intact and in good shape. I put a 2nd gen XJ door seal (thicker) in place of the OE seal and it slowed water entry by about 25%. I have a very small amount of water dripping from the vent window but this is less than 5% of the problem. The door is even and adjusted as far as I can tell. What can I do next?

I have the same problem. The driver's side only...I have not tended to it just yet cuz I am changing bushings, but I will work on it this week. I am sure the door is out of adjustment a bit, but I know it's more than that. Let me know if you figure it out.

Did you notice the drain hole under the chassis that is by the driver's door? I am wondering if that comes into play when I go thru alot of water....

I ran a bead of black silicone along the door frame to channel the water back outside. after it cured I ran a second bead on top of it to make the mini wall taller. Not the best idea I've ever had, but it worked. :wrench:

I ran a bead of black silicone along the door frame to channel the water back outside. after it cured I ran a second bead on top of it to make the mini wall taller. Not the best idea I've ever had, but it worked.

I'm up for anything that might have an impact on the water entry. Do you have dimensions and/or photos to show where you put the bead?