Needing a Skid Plate

I've got a 89 MJ and need a skid plate all the local junk yards are out of 89 MJ/XJ Skid plates. What other years/models would fit?

Better yet any one near Portland, Or have one?

When I lift it, can I put mettle or wood spacers to that the plate still covers the rod, or would that just break off?

Any year XJ/MJ skid plate will work and they are not hard to find around Portland,I have 2 of them but not sure I want to part with one.

I have noticed my MJ one is slightly different compaired to my XJ one but I don't see how it would cause fitting issues.

Any year XJ/MJ skid plate will work and they are not hard to find around Portland,I have 2 of them but not sure I want to part with one.

I have noticed my MJ one is slightly different compaired to my XJ one but I don't see how it would cause fitting issues.

I noticed when I tried to fit one up to my 2.5 Mj that there was a clearance issue with the little shock absorber thats attached to the motor. That might be the difference that youre talking about, as the one I tried to fit up came off of a 2.8 if I remember right. The 2.8 and 4.0 didnt have the little shock absorber. So depending on the donor, you may or may not have a clearance issue.