Harmonic Balancer will not go on.

I just changed seal and bought a new harmonic balancer but it will not go on it goes on about 1/4 so the bolt won't go in to even help pull it in. I have used a micrometer to make sure they where the same and everything checks out. I do not know why It will not go on any advice.

Thanks

Tim

Yes try the longer bolt. :cheers:

The install tool that you can rent from AutoZone is just a bolt with washers, either rent the tool or go buy a 1/2 x 20 3" bolt and a handful of fender washers.

Also, turn the engine so that the key way faces straight down, much easier to line it up with the key...then you should be able to push the HB about half the way on, pull it the rest of the way on withg the tool (longer bolt), then when the HB is flush with the crank snout, put the big washer and the original (I bought a new stainless steel 1/2 x 20 bolt).

You should not have to pull too hard on the wrench, if you are pulling too hard, then your key, key way are not lined up correctly. Also if you are cranking too hard on the bolt you could strip the threads inside the crank.

Torque spec is 80-85 ft./lb