perhaps another mj for me

cody4359

driving back from getting a pizza today and spotted this at the autoparts store. turns out the guy wants to sell it. asking 5k so i said 4k right now. hes a truck driver and taking off 2morrow and said call him in a month when hell be back. 6.5" soa with rancho long arms (i think it was the skyjacker because of the 4 link L/A), and skyjacker coils, locker in the rear poopy 35, and arb in the 30 both with 4.88 gears, 35's and set of tube doors, buckets seats, 4.0 5sp, odd tonneau cover, headache rack, warn bumper and winch. could use new paint, but could also use 97' fenders, header panel, and doors. with any luck i might get this

4K Seems like a very generous offer considering it has the D35 still, most likely that 5 speed is a peugot, and that lifts sounds like one of the cheaper ones.

Looks like it could just hit the 3K range in my book. The bumper, winch, headache rack, and some other doodads I see are cool, but not 4K cool.

I'd double check those gears too. I'd ask for paperwork.

Rob L.

i thought only ax15 came with the 4.0? i have a 29n spline 8.25 ive been putting disk brakes on that would replace the 35. and whats wrong with the skyjacker lift? true 4 link long arm, and the center section bolts in so the tranny can be dropped. i honestly know nothing about skyjacker other than its spendy. he said 4 wheel parts did the work so he should have paper work but now that i think of it he said he bought it off a lot like it is for $5500 :hmm: i just stopped by to tell him about comancheclub, then got excited when he said 5k and i offered 4k and he thought about it lol i really don't need another rig so any info to steer me clear would be accepted ;) and I'm not sure he said 4.88's, thats just what i think i rember but why check paper work? I'm sure i could tell the difference between 3.73 and 35's??? or do they not make 4.88 for the 35? (i didnt check the axle, just noticed it was soa and asked)

edit: what i like about the skyjacker lift was it was a true 4 link long arm, lower arms were moved down and back while being braced all the way to the tranny xmember, and the upper arms moved just above the orignal lower arm brackets. why would this be weak??

i guess it was more of a mid arm than a long arm. just glanced at it real quick but the lowers were located with brackets on the bottom of the rail probly 6" back from orignal location. ive only seen a few advertisements with the xj/mj skyjacker long arm/mid arm whatever its called and i don't know anything about it. i like that 4 link desing alot more than a radius arm or 3 link just for the peace of mind from having 4 pivot/secure points. can anybody clarify that the 4.0 came with only the ax15 for a manual or did it also come with the peugot??