check Enginelight ?

the state of California will not smog my 92 Comanche 4.0l H/O with out a working Check Engine light :huh???:

they said when you turn the key to power the light should come on then start it & the light goes off. mine dose not work @ all. do you guy's know were i should start :wrench: ?? :hmm:

I checked all the bulbs, none of them looked burned out. I also checked all the fuses under the dash and the engine bay, I found one fuse burned out in the engine bay, it was a ATM /20 Labeled I.O.D.? and changed it & the light still does not turn on.

I"ll try cleaning the ports now with Di-Electric Grease and try to turn the key "on" three times the light should start to flash. The flashing sequence will actually tell you what codes the PCM has stored. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help!!

You really can't tell if a bulb is good or bad just by looking. Test it. Either use a ohm meter or locate a easily accessible socket and plug each bulb into it, after insuring that the socket is good. Switch the bulb with one known to be good.

Pull the cluster and check the bulb. Also clean the plugs.

If you turn the key to "on" three times the light should start to flash. The flashing sequence will actually tell you what codes the PCM has stored.

So I cleaned all the plugs & ports, and tried to turn the key on & off, it still did not come on. it seems that none of the bulb on the left side of the gauge cluster light up.

jimoshel

You really can't tell if a bulb is good or bad just by looking. Test it. Either use a ohm meter or locate a easily accessible socket and plug each bulb into it, after insuring that the socket is good. Switch the bulb with one known to be good

I'll try testing all the bulbs by picking a random socket and plugging each bulb in. :thumbsup:

Thanks Again!