Snow Rant!

COMANCHERED

O.k., this isn't the typical "I'm sick of snow/shoveling rant."

This rant stems from the fact that we have a little locally owned ski hill about 30 miles from me in the heart of the Rockies. I love this ski hill, I've had a season pass there since I was in the fourth grade, every year except the last two. They were closed last year and I decided not to buy one this year because there are new owners and I wanted to make sure they were doing things right before I gave them any of my hard earned money.

Well things have been going pretty well for them as far as business goes, the hill has been pretty busy everytime I have been there. I've gone at least ten or eleven times, enough to buy a season pass and be skiing free from now on. This isn't whats bothering me as I don't mind paying and helping their new venture.

My problem is that they started out the season 7 days a week with live music 3 nights a week with a new restaurant and the best selection of beers that I have ever seen in Montana. Again that wasn't so bad, a little to enthusiastic in my opinion but they were pulling it off.

Now that its towards the end of the season, they have to close by April 15 because of the grizzly bears waking up, they are really becoming unreliable. THIS SUCKS! This is always when the snow is the best, huge amounts of snow almost everyday. In the past week and a half I've got up and got ready and headed towards the hill 4 times only to find out they're closed, again. This happened to me today, that is why I am writing this. They have had 12 inches in the car park since last night, 18 at the top of the hill. 2 1/2 feet in the last 48 hours and 3 feet in the last 72 hours. All that means is that it would have been an epic powder day for anyone that might care about such things. I care.

Sorry for making you all read this. I'll still be going when they do open, just sick of the inconsistency. At least I feel better!

O.k., this isn't the typical "I'm sick of snow/shoveling rant."

This rant stems from the fact that we have a little locally owned ski hill about 30 miles from me in the heart of the Rockies. I love this ski hill, I've had a season pass there since I was in the fourth grade, every year except the last two. They were closed last year and I decided not to buy one this year because there are new owners and I wanted to make sure they were doing things right before I gave them any of my hard earned money.

Well things have been going pretty well for them as far as business goes, the hill has been pretty busy everytime I have been there. I've gone at least ten or eleven times, enough to buy a season pass and be skiing free from now on. This isn't whats bothering me as I don't mind paying and helping their new venture.

My problem is that they started out the season 7 days a week with live music 3 nights a week with a new restaurant and the best selection of beers that I have ever seen in Montana. Again that wasn't so bad, a little to enthusiastic in my opinion but they were pulling it off.

Now that its towards the end of the season, they have to close by April 15 because of the grizzly bears waking up, they are really becoming unreliable. THIS SUCKS! This is always when the snow is the best, huge amounts of snow almost everyday. In the past week and a half I've got up and got ready and headed towards the hill 4 times only to find out they're closed, again. This happened to me today, that is why I am writing this. They have had 12 inches in the car park since last night, 18 at the top of the hill. 2 1/2 feet in the last 48 hours and 3 feet in the last 72 hours. All that means is that it would have been an epic powder day for anyone that might care about such things. I care.

Sorry for making you all read this. I'll still be going when they do open, just sick of the inconsistency. At least I feel better!

Do they have a phone number? Do you own a phone? :brows:

I have a phone, I know how to use it. They don't have a snow phone, just an internet site that says what days they are open, supposedly. It's supposed to be a daily report and it does well for showing new snow, just doesn't let you know that they are open or not.

I have told them quite a few times how I and many others feel. I was assured that this was the last time they'd be closed last time it happened. I know all of the people that work there and the owners really well, I worked there for 4 years under the last owners, we had a skeleton crew and always were open when we said we were gonna be. I know it's out of my control and nobody on here cares I was just miffed this morning and felt like writing it down.

Besides, it's to early to go to the bar and rant so I went to the Pub!

I have a phone, I know how to use it. They don't have a snow phone, just an internet site that says what days they are open, supposedly. It's supposed to be a daily report and it does well for showing new snow, just doesn't let you know that they are open or not.

I have told them quite a few times how I and many others feel. I was assured that this was the last time they'd be closed last time it happened. I know all of the people that work there and the owners really well, I worked there for 4 years under the last owners, we had a skeleton crew and always were open when we said we were gonna be. I know it's out of my control and nobody on here cares I was just miffed this morning and felt like writing it down.

Besides, it's to early to go to the bar and rant so I went to the Pub!

Hey man, I understand. I was just hassling ya! :D

The little ski area in Weston, Mo has crook employees who steal credit card numbers. Its very disappointing because I haven't made it back to CO for 2 years now for skiing. Having major withdrawls. Broke my 22 consecutive years on the slopes.

I live in colorado and don't ski. Go figure.

That was my favorite parts about living/working in the high country. Take the skis to work with you and have a long lunch on the slopes or call in sick when "powder" was on the 5am report. :drool: