First Snow Shakedown

Just took the MJ on it's first shakedown in the snow...got a question or two. I just got the MJ all fixed up and have been driving it regularly. This week we got a whopping 4" of snow, up the road about 5 miles and 1000 ft. elev. they got about a foot, further up, two feet, So I took it the 10 miles up to the 2 ft. area.

First of all my XJ is a fantastic snow vehicle, it's got an open diff and 31" Cooper "all weather" tires, not aggresive tread, but deep. I've cruised 18" of snow with absolutely no issues. I know you guys that deal with snow all the time will think this is ridiculous, but I'll ask anyway.

The MJ has an LSD with 31" BFG A/T KO's. The problem I had with it was the rear would slide out at every corner and upon any acceleration other than a very light pedal. The front was pulling fine...and I don't highball it in the snow, on the street that is. So is it a weight issue, as in an empty bed...and do any of you suffer the same when you're in slippery situations. Do I put some weight back there???

Yes your truck is very light on the rear end. Putting sand bags or anything that has weight for that matter will make a difference. I drive in the snow 5 months out of the year and I usually do not worry about it because I know i have 4 wheel drive. I usually just use 4 wheel around town when its snowy so I don't spin like crazy trying to leave stop signs or whatnot. But yes, weight in the box will help, not completely needed in 4 wheel drive vehicle but nice to have if you alot of highway driving in 2wd.