Frame Height Puzzle

Since owning this truck, I've always noticed the LH rear is lower than the RH rear, and

I've always attributed this to a sagged spring on the heavy side (fuel tank and driver).

Now that I've installed new HellCreek Metric Ton springs, the difference remains

the same. I'm measuring fixed frame point on each side, to the ground. The LH side

is 3/4" lower then the RH side - still. I know with certainty this truck has never

been damaged, and has never seen anything more challenging than the occasional

speed bump or pot hole. Why, I wonder, is this so far out from spec?? FSM body

point diagram indicates less than 1/8" maximum deviation LH to RH. Any ideas?

Hmmm. I puzzled how the front springs would affect a frame to ground height difference measured

at the leaf spring rear attach point? The front is level side to side. I may still be changing the

front springs soon, but that will come with the front axle assembly replacement (one end at a time).

After the 3.55, Chrysler 8.25, locker, MT2200 spring, disc brake, rear mod is done (another week or so)

I'll tackle the front. I'll look into the OME coils, as I'm a bit leery of adding any more spacers beyond

the one already in place.

Pete, I know I probably shouldn't worry about it, but my symmetrical mind is struggling.

:D

The tank is at about 1/2 full, so I figure about 57lbs of fuel (18.5/2*6.2), and the spring rate of new

MT2200 is 130lb/in, so the fuel should account for 7/16" delta. I feel much better now - thanks!! :D

• 6 months later...