Front bumper stock mounting.

Does anyone have a page they can post showing the bumper front mounting for 1989 stock front bumber. I only have a crappy Chiltons and no info on that.

I noticed that the rubber wings on the driver side are almost touching the fender. On the Pgr side there is at least an inch clearance.

Bumper looks and feels straight otherwise. Wondering if it is not centered or if brackets are bent. Would be easier to see how it mounts before taking everything apart.

Thanks

The bumper mounts to the bumper bracket (with two bolts each bracket ) that are bolted to the frame rails (with the three bolts each bracket mentioned in previous post). If I remember right the mounts are somewhat slotted ,to move the bumper side to side. If I'm wrong you have bent brackets. :hmm:

I just dealt with my end caps about an hour ago. They are held on by 3 bolts and all 3 were torx bolts on mine. :fs1: The nut is a 10mm. It is a PIA to get up in there, especially if the rubber dirt shield is still intact. On the P side, the vacuum canister can be in the way. If you have the time and tools, here's what I would do. Detach the dirt shield from the bumper. Detach the bumper brackets from the frame (3 bolts/side). Don't forget to support the bumper during removal. Now you can inspect and correct any abnormalities regarding the bumper, brackets, and end caps without having to deal with tight, blind spaces. :thumbsup:

Thanks to those who replied. I was able to get it without removing the bumper. I removed the torx holding the bumper facing on the bottom. From there I could see the left mount was bent. I was able to straighten it some with a pry bar. I also used the bar putting the flat end in the slots at the bottom of the bumper facing. Got it to move a little. Now I have spaces between the bumper and both fenders. Not exactly equal, but good enough for a while.

I usualy take the bumper off the brackets in stead of taking the brackets off the unibody. Take the bolts out of the bottom of the bumper. There is also a bolt that goes from the bracket into the back of the bumper. Get a long extension and go from the wheel well forward. You probably need to feel around behind the bumper to find it. It's easier than taking out the other three.