Electric VS Hydraulic Winch?

I am looking to get a winch for my Comanche but i am at a loss when it comes to picking one out... I go offroading on the weekends most of the time every other... and I have gone through deep water as well, or at least my future winch would be submerged on some parts of the trail... I am not sure what would be more water resistant.. The electric winch i can hook up myself but would need to upgrade the battery and most likely the alternator.. where as the Hydraulic winch i may not be able to hook up myself.. (as i always manage to break something whenever i work under the hood)...

What winch type would be more reliable?

Are you going to be using a hydraulic pump driven by a electric motor, or one driven by the Jeep motor? If your going to be using a engine driven pump then hydraulic is better. If your going to be using a electric driven pump then why bother with hydraulic. Just get a electric winch.With a electric winch if you get stuck and kill the motor generally you have enough juice to get to dry land. With a hydraulic winch dead engine, your dead.Figuretively speaking.

Are you going to be using a hydraulic pump driven by a electric motor, or one driven by the Jeep motor? If your going to be using a engine driven pump then hydraulic is better. If your going to be using a electric driven pump then why bother with hydraulic. Just get a electric winch.With a electric winch if you get stuck and kill the motor generally you have enough juice to get to dry land. With a hydraulic winch dead engine, your dead.Figuretively speaking.

I would be hooking the hydraulic winch to the motor.. I guess my question really is would the electric winch be fine if it where soaked. I would not want to damage the electrical system in it.. My experience is that water and electric motors never mix well..