intro

Just wanted to say Hi to every one, I'm new to the site but not to jeeps. Been hooked on jeeps for 20 years plus. I have been selling alot of the ones I do not have time to build or drive. I have three now; '97 TJ, 86 MJ, 89 MJ, just sold 86mj and 89mj [had six of this all together] these was the last ones I'm selling for now,

The 86 will have a new 2.5 install next week, still have some inside to fix up, repaint door panels, redo the headliner and redo the bench seat, then paint the body.

The 89 will receive a major over haul, 4'' lift, arb airlockers front and rear, nv4500 tranny with a atlas transfer case, have two choices on motor either a 4.3 chevy or 4.9 stroker for it. I will send in some before and after pictures.

I have all of the arb air lockers [ still need to get a air pump for it], 4'' lift, tranny and case, just need the time to install all of this [ hunting season then redfish, trout and tarpon fishing, hauling kids around] some where in between all of that work, the sanding and painting takes the longest for me. Undecided on how to build the front & rear bumber.

I'm just waiting on the machine shop to get done with the engine, I can have this done in less then a day to drop in and drive for the '86 again the sanding and painting seems likes it takes forever the interior will be done this weekend.

Wish they would of made these in an extended cab or [prefer]crew cab, this would save me from owning another truck, it's hard to haul around the family or my hunting buddies in a straight cab.

The nv4500 is 5-speed that was used in chevy and some dodges truck, they are a very tough tranny for the most part except for fifth gear as some issues, the one I bought as a new fifth gear cut, that solves that problem. Price wise you can get one already done for $950. with a core, with out a core it's another $600.

Another tranny that I like to use is a chevy SM420 four speed, does have a very low first gear.