Dana 35 parts

Garvin

Parting out a Dana 35 I have laying around. I'm taking the gears out of it to keep my axles matched. There was nothing wrong with the axle, I just swapped in a Cherokee axle for a quick and cheap SOA.

This axle was removed from a 1986 Comanche, it is the non c-clip style.

Axle shafts...$30 each or $50 for both, plus shipping

Drum backing plates with brakes...$10 each plus shipping

Diff cover...$5 plus shipping

I'm swapping the gears in my Cherokee axle with these so I will have 3.07's, stock carrier from the '86 and non c-clip spider gears up for grabs if anyone is interested in those.

I want the cover, how much for shipping to 04090 to get me by

I'll get you a price tomorrow.

I just swapped in a Cherokee axle for a quick and cheap SOA.

You do know that cherokee perches sit farther apart than a comanches

I do know that and am not all that worried about that part. My bushings are on their last leg and that Dana 35 will probably blow up in no time with a Chevy 350 in the Jeep. I have a Sterling 10.25 and Dana 60HP sitting here and that will just give me more of a reason to swap them in faster.

I want the cover, how much for shipping to 04090 to get me by

I'll get you a price tomorrow.

I just swapped in a Cherokee axle for a quick and cheap SOA.

You do know that cherokee perches sit farther apart than a comanches

I do know that and am not all that worried about that part. My bushings are on their last leg and that Dana 35 will probably blow up in no time with a Chevy 350 in the Jeep. I have a Sterling 10.25 and Dana 60HP sitting here and that will just give me more of a reason to swap them in faster.

have fun snapping your springs or ubolts and having the axle fall out of the jeep causing the rotating driveshaft to take out the gas tank and output housing of the tcase.

not that I have heard of that happening or anything.

no offense at all. just do it right, or don't do it at all.

have fun snapping your springs or ubolts and having the axle fall out of the jeep causing the rotating driveshaft to take out the gas tank and output housing of the tcase.

not that I have heard of that happening or anything.

no offense at all. just do it right, or don't do it at all.

The Jeep is not driven on the road right now (or even driving at all...) so it is a mute point in this case. The Cherokee axle is mainly in there for sizing up for the one tons and so that I can make sure the engine runs correctly and there is nothing wrong with the drive train to the drive shafts. Once I get done building the 3 link for the front and making sure everything clears the new power, the one tons will be going under then it will be ready to be driven on the street. Anyway, the only reason I threw that axle in there is because I had it laying around doing nothing, figured I might as well put it to use rather than be a paper weight.

Everything is going to be done correctly before it goes on the road but I'm kinda on a budget with a less than budget build so it's being built one part at a time.

Archived