Stranded MJ...... (Recently identify this part)

dude, my knock sensor wasn't plugged in for years before like 2 weeks ago, and the truck NEVER ran like crap, it just had a slight knock under load. i wouldn't hope for that to be the miracle fix. :cheers:

My knock sensor has been gone for 2 years. Runs fine and no knocks.

ALRIGHT! I finally made some progress this evening.

I swapped out the ECM from my 89 and got the truck to Fire up....yay. However it wasnt running 2 well at all and I'm almost certian thats due to the broken knock sensor. I have 2 reset the timing again and make sure itll clear up after i swap out the knock sensor but as of tonight I'm calling this whole problem due to a Failed ECM!

Gald to hear it worked out. Good luck with the fine tuning. :cheers:

Make sure you are not one tooth off on the distributor, mine has been running fine with the knock sensor unhooked as well, when i got the truck the guy said it needed all 6 fuel injectors, it turned out he had the distributor one tooth off and now it runs fine.

The Distributor was installed with the rotor pointed right 2 the 5 o clock posistion with cyl #1 at TDC on the Compression stroke. I'm pretty sure the timing is right and this small issue has 2 deal with the o2 sensor or possibly even fouled plugs. Ill have my new ECM tomorrow and will replace those 2 items and see where that takes me :wrench:

There WAS gas in the oil :eek: I'm glad i checked that!

So after an oil change, 6 new Champion copper plugs and a new o2 Sensor....I Fired her up again and it came to life and idled like it was new again :cheers:

So after this whole feasco this week I'm out close to $400 in parts, including the towing bill but in the end thats still less than a New car payment and I learned alot more about my MJ, I Hope that this fixes the issues for awhile and I'm finally ready to enjoy my Comanche some more this winter :yes: