Transmission & Transfer Case Flush?

I'm picking up my new (to me) AW4 and 242 this Saturday. They come with a 6 month warranty, but it only applies if I flush them and replace all the seals. I've heard that flushes for higher mileage transmissions isn't a good idea. If you were putting in JY units, what would you do? Would you flush them and do seals, seals only, or just new fluid?

On the automatics I always drain and replace fluids and the filter, I do not use the rubber gaskets included with the filter as I use Ultra Copper or Ultra Blue Sealant. In my experience using the rubber/cork gaskets alone has never given a good seal, they always warp or deform and leak. When I do it my way I don't have to take it apart again untill the next fluid change! On the manual tranny's I still use sealant but on the drain plug...hell any drain plug for that matter, front & rear diff's t-case & oil pan(guarantee's it not to leak)

My .02 cents

tough call. there is some experience out there that says doing a flush-n-fill on an AW-4 that hasn't been properly maintained can lead to problems (the theory being that if dislodges particulates that then get lodged in more sensitive areas).

If you do the required work and it fails, then you get your money back, right?

tough call. there is some experience out there that says doing a flush-n-fill on an AW-4 that hasn't been properly maintained can lead to problems (the theory being that if dislodges particulates that then get lodged in more sensitive areas).

If you do the required work and it fails, then you get your money back, right?

I don't get my money back, they just replace the unit. So I guess I can replace the seals and have it flushed, but if something happens to it, I'm out the money I paid to have it flushed plus the time pulling the tranmission, driving an hour back to yard to take it back and get my new one and then reinstalling. Course, if I don't flush it and it fails, I have to do all that again and I don't get a new transmission. I guess I can just compare the cost of a flush with the cost of getting a new unit.

Separate question, I left my torque converter on my engine, but the new trans came with one. What should I consider when trying to decide which one to use?