Rear Brake caliper bracket question

All I know is that you want your bleed screw towards the top, so the air will come out when you bleed it. Not an engineer either, just an ex-grease monkey.

i know that bleed screw gotta be on top.

thats reason why I'm asked questions to see if I have to put bracket on axle within an range angle degree. probably between 0*-80ish* is best way to have caliper install while bleed screw is still on top to able bleed air out.

most i see the angle degree on pick up truck is about 45*-75*

my goal is get its functional for bleeding and easy to access work on rear brakes in general.

I finally got my rear custom brake caliper brackets. So my questions are which degree should I weld my brackets on my rear axle?

will top (90*) effect the bleeding? brake distance? I'm not engineer, I'm grease monkey. :thumbsup:

Anybody can be a engineer. It takes natural talent to be a good mechanic, er, grease monkey.

I finally got my rear custom brake caliper brackets. So my questions are which degree should I weld my brackets on my rear axle?

will top (90*) effect the bleeding? brake distance? I'm not engineer, I'm grease monkey. :thumbsup:

Anybody can be a engineer. It takes natural talent to be a good mechanic, er, grease monkey.

True :agree:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavist ... sc_brakes/

"Place the calliper over the rotor, and rotate to the desired position. I chose as high as possible on the rotor (about the 1'o'clock position) for clearance from the rocks, while still maintaining the bleeder screw reasonably close to being at the top for easier brake bleeding.

You can of course mount the calliper right on top of the rotor at the 12 o'clock position, but that would mean it has to be dismounted for bleeding."

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/14b_disc_brakes/

"Place the calliper over the rotor, and rotate to the desired position. I chose as high as possible on the rotor (about the 1'o'clock position) for clearance from the rocks, while still maintaining the bleeder screw reasonably close to being at the top for easier brake bleeding.

You can of course mount the calliper right on top of the rotor at the 12 o'clock position, but that would mean it has to be dismounted for bleeding."

thats what I was though 1o'clock or 11 o'clock is good enough its depend on caliper design with bleeder screw

thank you man :cheers:

All that matters is that the bleeder screw is at the highest point it can be. Manufacturers position brakes in different spots due to the whole package. So wherever it fits where you can still use your e-brake and have the nipple up top is fine.