No Start, Tried Everything

I would put the new cap and rotor back on and install new plugs. Seems to me that it was arcing to ground inside the cap from the grease, like when you get water inside it, thats why it was running rough. Then your plugs got gas fouled because the cylinders weren't firing.( you mentioned that the plugs came out wet) I am not there, so this is just a guess from what I have read so far. Since you say you have spark at the plug wires and fuel. The other thing I am thinking of is if your timing has changed, like the timing chain jumped a tooth or more. Hope you get it figured out and running again.

Hey Guess, got it running again. It was the distributor. I tried cleaning my old one and putting it back in first but that didn't work. With a new one though it fired right up, and I'd like to add that it is running better than it's ever ran before. It used to be sluggish and would partially cut out at low throttle. Now it's running better than ever, almost sounds like a new engine. Not sure if it's the new distributor or the cps or both together but I'm not complaining. Thank you all so much for all your help. I hope I can return the favor sometime

Mack

Hey Guess, got it running again. It was the distributor. I tried cleaning my old one and putting it back in first but that didn't work. With a new one though it fired right up, and I'd like to add that it is running better than it's ever ran before. It used to be sluggish and would partially cut out at low throttle. Now it's running better than ever, almost sounds like a new engine. Not sure if it's the new distributor or the cps or both together but I'm not complaining. Thank you all so much for all your help. I hope I can return the favor sometime

Mack

ah here you go, :) :cheers:

While I've got you all checking this thread I thought I'd pose another question. My truck is lifted 8 inches with a snorkel. I've got 35 inch tires and a lock right in the rear. I like to go through water once in a while, hence I was water proofing my distributor. However when I was replacing the cps I noticed a huge gaping whole in the transmission where in goes in. Is there suppose to be a seal there that I am missing? Or are all of our transmissions like this?

While I've got you all checking this thread I thought I'd pose another question. My truck is lifted 8 inches with a snorkel. I've got 35 inch tires and a lock right in the rear. I like to go through water once in a while, hence I was water proofing my distributor. However when I was replacing the cps I noticed a huge gaping whole in the transmission where in goes in. Is there suppose to be a seal there that I am missing? Or are all of our transmissions like this?

nope water don't effect on cps since its only a magnetic sensor. only effect on it are dirt, metal contact, etc.

same concept as with ABS sensor.

correct me if I'm wrong.