Replacement 4.0 Valve Cover Question ?

I need to replace my 88 4.0 valve cover gasket. While I'm at it, I'd like to spruce up the cover (either paint it or polish it) or replace it with an aftermarket one. I can't locate an aftermarket cover that says it will fit an 88 4.0. Will a later model xj valve cover fit? what changes are required? Thanks!

As I understand it, if you look at the fancy Yellow/Red/Black after market ones for the HO series you will also cut out the oil puking in the air filter and just need to change one of the plastic vacuum line fittings on the intake.

Here is a random link to VC's that I just pulled with google,

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-valve-covers/

But I know there are others that know exactly what is needed to make one of these work on a renix head.

I think the best looking valve cover for a 4.0 is the later model steel one from a TJ/ZJ/XJ. I think it should work on your older head...get all the PVC hoses from whatever car you pull it from because all that will change. I have a 98 4.0 in my 91 and it all worked with the factory hoses going to the 98 valve cover.

Thanks for the thread on this. I went back thru them trying to find info on this subject but missed this one.

So, If I get a 97+ aluminum aftermarket cover (like the ones for $89.99 in the weblink above) plus the correct gasket and grommet fittings, and follow the thread instructions/comments I should be OK.

Again Thanks. This will be my project for the first week on the New Year!