MJ Bucket Seats in Columbia, SC..Pull-A-Part

Just so y'all know there is a 1987 4.0 2WD MJ at Pull-A-Part in Columbia, SC with a console and buckets!!!! As luck (and Murphy's law) would have it I found this 2 weeks after I finished my bucket seat conversion. I found a Comanche with a bench and modified the brackets for my bucket seat conversion...it would have been much easier with the correct brackets. The seats are tan and are in ok but not great shape. You can, however, replace the seat cushion(s) with 4 dr XJ ones fairly easily.

My score from this truck was the 4.0 MJ specific sending unit and fuel pump. I now have a spare :clapping:

Hope this helps somebody out!

It did have the rear slider...not sure about the clip as I didn't specifically look for it. Overall the truck was surprisingly complete. It was originally black but had a nasty white paint job (brush or roller?) at some point. Body looked ok, D35 rear, load sensing height valve & rod were there, pass taillight looked ok, SWB bed looked decent.

The place is actually called Pull-A-Part. Located on 5702 Monticello road and there's a billboard for it right near the exit.

Cool. I hope no one busted up the window and it works out for you. Can you do me a favor? If you have the time can you pull (or at least expose) the carpet covering the rear of the cab and PM some pics of all the attachment points, fasteners, and holes? I didn't have time to do it and am trying to figure out how to put a carpet in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to their inventory sheet it's still there (I think it's the same truck anyway). You can go on http://www.pullapart.com and search by yard...pretty cool feature:

Make Model Year Row Location Date On Yard

JEEP COMANCHE 1989 202

Columbia

12/22/2010

To find out why we can tell you about our car inventory, but NOT specific parts, click here.