gauge swap

ive searched but turned up nothing on how to go about it. i bought a oil pressure switch from autozone and that thing is huge! i got the one for the gauges (which i found, finally) but if I'm supposed to install it down by the oil filter, do i just unplug that wire and unbolt that thing or what. :hmm:

also the coolant temp sensor. the haynes and some say it goes in the thermostat and others at the back of the engine somewhere. my thing is which is easier. can i just plug and bolt it in the back of the engine and itll work just as good as the thermostat way? where exactly is the spot in the back, i know some of you guys told me and ive read but just can't figure it out either. :dunce:

anyway i lucked out at a huge u-pull-it place and found ONE 88 cherokee. unreal. i figured there would be lots but all they had were mostly 90 somethings and up. grabbed it along with a few other small things. came home and cleaned off, what i suspect, was blood. :ack: it looks great and all but those two gauges are working, so any help would be mucho appreciated :yes:

oh yeah and on my way home i was b*tching about how there are no comanches anywhere. i looked over and theres a damn comanche pioneer! black, awsome grey graphics and huge lesbian driver. i was going to try to pull them over to ask to sell but honestly, she scared me :peek: :rotf:

When I did my gauge swap in my 88 mj, my mj had the gauge package minus the tack so it was super easy to do it, the only snag I ran was when I try to pull the the mj gauge cluster, it seems I did not have enough room to undo the spedo cable, I trace the cable and found out it was secure with a small strap to the driver contol arm - once I loosen that I had plenty of slack to do the job. Now, if your mj has the idiot lights you will need to change the oil sending unit with the correct one by simply removing yours and installing the new one and plug the wire back up then the coolant sending unit at the back of the driver side engine by doing the same.

well i removed something, don't know if it was it but nothing will fit in the hole so I'm guessing i just f*cked something else up. last time i follow some random pics thread.

what i took out on the left, new sensor on the right

idk what that it but it aint the coolent sensor :rotfl2:

The coolant sensor is located right at the back right corner on the engine ( if your facing the truck). it has a small plug on top of it than it just threads out.....be carefull because coolant will come out and make a mess quickly if your not prepared. :thumbsup:

^^^ thats what i get :roll: well whatever i bought thinking it was the CTS it can't be. it wouldnt even fit in that little hole and the plugs are all wrong if it just slides on like that.

i bought the oil pressure deal at autozone so hopefully its the right one. do i just need to buy a new CTS from somewhere? where did you buy yours from?

EDIT:

i got the oil pressure switch in and it works great. that thing did not want to come out but i got it. so now the only gauge left is the coolant one. i figured out why mine wouldnt work with it......because i ordered the wrong one from rock auto! lmao :doh: new is going to be on its way monday and ill be set!