So who's in Colorado???

TrailReadyMJ

Hey everyone, if all goes as planned I am going to be relocating to Colorado here in a few months! It's somewhere I have always wanted to live, and I am finally in a position where I think I'm ready to do so. I will be heading out with a couple friends, and we plan to tow our campers out with our Jeeps (they each have an XJ). The exact time frame before leaving is unknown, but it should be in a few months.

So who on here lives in Colorado? What part? We don't have an exact destination, but are thinking of staying south since "junk" land is so cheap. Feel free to give any input on your Colorado experiences and any recommendations you care to share. I have lived in some cold locations growing up (Maine, Montana, Oregon, etc...) but never at a high altitude, so any recommendations there would be appreciated as well, in case we end up high in the mountains.

Also feel free to post up your favorite wheeling destinations!

comanche.gif

I suggest you stay out of the high country if idiotic tourists bother you. I lived in the Vail/Avon area for a year. It was one of my childhood dreams... Never again! Having wheeled most of the state, my favorite location is the San Juans, followed by the Gunison area and Steamboat.

I live in Northern Colorado - Fort Collins, we have 8 breweries here in town, so its a good place to be. Plus it's a college town so there are lots of attractive members of the female persuasion. Denver area is larger and you will find more job opportunities than you will further south.

Junk land? South? Suggest you stay South of the Mason-Dixon line and East of the Mississippi river.

Thanks for the useful input :roll:

f-in a! I'm going there this coming summer (hopefully) on my way to nothern Cali. ive also always wanted to be there just never had the extra funds. so if youve got a base camp set up by then, I'm coming by! lol

jamminz.gif

And thanks for the input Sir Sam and 87Warrior. I am still keeping Northern CO an option, I have just found cheaper land to the south. Chances are I will travel a bit before I find the right place to "settle down" anyway.