Another vaccum disconnect question.

Took the Comanche out today and discovered that I'm not getting any drive to the front wheels when I tried to get it up the gravel driveway. I suspect that it's the stupid vacuum disconnect, but I'm not sure. Would the green 4x4 light still come on if it were in the vacuum disconnect? I guess it could be the transfer case......but I've never broken one of those to know.

You can push the fork over to the "locked" position on the axle and then simply cap the vacuum lines with plugs. As long as you have the lines on the VD capped the fork cannot move.

Edit: Your dash light will no longer work though so If you want it to work you will need to keep it stock.

there are several methods to keeping the axle shaft engaged all the time. I think the simplest is to pull off the CAD cover, push the collar over to engage the axle, then re-install the CAD cover upside down so the fork keeps the axle engaged. I guess if you connect the right 2 vac lines together, you should still be able to get the 4x4 light to work. but there's no real point to having the light, since that big handle next to your leg will always tell you if you are in 4wd or not. :thumbsup: