double flare tube tool kit

i just made one for my passenger side brake line from master cylinder to my extended brake hose...

i made one in right way as instruction said so even i snug the bolt.. its leaking so i try tight little more. still leak???

its now leaking the brake fluid.

weird thing is that, its same issue when my brother and i did that double flare tube tool kit to his CJ7 rear brake line??? :???:

ps: we used metric size on his cj7 so i tried standard on mine-still leaking??? :hmm:

I don't think I realized you were so close, anywho, it takes time to learn how to make nice flares. Cut it off and try again.

haha me too. where town your live in?

hmmm ill try again... ehhhhh its easy job but eh... not my style

if your very near by, maybe can you come by and do it for me plus teach me?

I'm in Beach Park, prob 45mins?

oh yea near Wisconsin border? probably yea 45 mins

i live in buffalo grove

i don't know if its worth for u to come by to do just one of double flare then go back to home? :dunno:

btw I'm myself deaf so its will hard for us to keep chat though

I can tell you a couple things, first is the quality of the tool. If you bought a $25 flare kit from Idiot Zone, you will not get great results. The quality of the tool matters in this situation. Second, is the line has to be straight, and as the tool presses into the line it all has to stay straight, they like to walk to one side a lot. Third, play with the depth you start with, it has to be just right.

thats true its prtetty too late to turn on my air compressor to use my air grinder to have precious cut :(

off point: its pretty blizzard outside in my area. i had fun drift with my subaru jamminz.gif

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM

air grinder? are you kidding me? get a pipe cutter and a file. better yet...watch this

then try. it must be done like this...end of story. if you can't, won't, or don't do it like this, you aren't doing it right and if it works, you're lucky as hell.

I know you can't hear the audio, but the visual will give you a good explanation on how to do it. when he breaks out the file, it's to clean the burrs off of the metal. you can't get a good cut with the air grinder. period.

thats true its prtetty too late to turn on my air compressor to use my air grinder to have precious cut :(

off point: its pretty blizzard outside in my area. i had fun drift with my subaru jamminz.gif

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM

air grinder? are you kidding me? get a pipe cutter and a file. better yet...watch this

then try. it must be done like this...end of story. if you can't, won't, or don't do it like this, you aren't doing it right and if it works, you're lucky as hell.

I know you can't hear the audio, but the visual will give you a good explanation on how to do it. when he breaks out the file, it's to clean the burrs off of the metal. you can't get a good cut with the air grinder. period.

idont have pipe cutter and i even can't afford for one right now. i already spend on new calipers.

yea i know and ill watch it now

pipe cutter...menards...$4 to $6.

ok thanks, its will be on my top list to buy tools when i get next income. currently i don't have $4 at all. remember that i don't have job yet. its hard for me to find one now.

my income sucks which that why I'm rebuild my mj slowly

ok thanks, its will be on my top list to buy tools when i get next income. currently i don't have $4 at all. remember that i don't have job yet. its hard for me to find one now.

same boat...but I manage.

oh really well i guess your manage better than i do haha. lucky

nope. take some side jobs, scrap some stuff. save soda cans up and scrap them. everything has value...decide what is worth something, that you don't need, and scrap it. a ba10/5 bellhousing is about $4 in scrap...

nope. take some side jobs, scrap some stuff. save soda cans up and scrap them. everything has value...decide what is worth something, that you don't need, and scrap it. a ba10/5 bellhousing is about $4 in scrap...

ah i keep forget to scrap my metal stuff. thanks for info!

My double flare kit came with a tubing cutter... do the cheap-o ones not come with them?

nope just the kit only :dunno: