4cyl vs 6cyl

I'm thinking about buying a comanche for a daily driver for myself. As some of you know i just bought my son one and have a build thread going on it right now.I have and have had several jeeps and have a love hate relationship with the 4.0.As of right now i think i prefer a 4cyl with auto 4x4.I want good mpg but I'm tired of shifting and need 4x4 to get around.I'm talking with a member about his and if he were closer i would have already bought it.I'm still searching for ways to get it here cheaper.anyway i wanna hear your mpg and setup tires,gears,stock not whatever.i did some research and didnt see alot of numbers.also are the 4cyl carb or TB?i also saw there is a comfort switch in all autos?that control the shifting points.

Thanks Men!

i read an article about a year or 2 ago in JP magazine where they did a mpg check on the engines and the 4 and 6 cylinders engines got the same gas mileage.I went on the jpmag site but couldnt find the article in the first 5 minutes and then my adhd kicked in lol. if you search for mpg comparisions about 1k articles come up i didnt feel like goign thru them all.

anyway I'm running the 4.0 renix with neon injectors and 3.54 gears and a 5 speed tranny.i get 12 to 14 mpg doing mostly city driving.33x12.5x15 bfg mudders

Glad you asked I've been needing to add that to my login forever its kinda frustrating having to ask for peoples info....wichita ks their super hard to find around here after my search for my sons and learning more I missed one a long time ago that was perfect just didnt know it at the time.I found a 2wd manual 4cyl no rust here needs some work for best offer but I'm little worked out for now.id pay for transfer if the trucks right.does the 86 have the gm motor?I'm not to hip on that motor.

I'm thinking about buying a comanche for a daily driver for myself. As some of you know i just bought my son one and have a build thread going on it right now.I have and have had several jeeps and have a love hate relationship with the 4.0.As of right now i think i prefer a 4cyl with auto 4x4.I want good mpg but I'm tired of shifting and need 4x4 to get around.I'm talking with a member about his and if he were closer i would have already bought it.I'm still searching for ways to get it here cheaper.anyway i wanna hear your mpg and setup tires,gears,stock not whatever.i did some research and didnt see alot of numbers.also are the 4cyl carb or TB?i also saw there is a comfort switch in all autos?that control the shifting points.

Thanks Men!

I'm running a totally stock (as far as I know) 1986 Renix 4.0/2wd/Peugeot 5spd, with 235/75-15s, and I've been getting 20mpg with mostly highway driving. It's not econobox mileage, but for a six-cylinder truck it's all right.

I'm running a totally stock (as far as I know) 1986 Renix 4.0/2wd/Peugeot 5spd, with 235/75-15s, and I've been getting 20mpg with mostly highway driving. It's not econobox mileage, but for a six-cylinder truck it's all right.

surely you mean the 1989 that's in your sig lol.