danggggggggg

comanche12

left turn - living in dc near gallaudet university, and being the infinitely curious person i am, i have known several deaf people, and learned asl a while back. i have spent a great deal of time speaking to my share of deaf peoplevia instant messaging over the years. something you will hear from me, but from no one else ever about deaf people since our society is a big fat box of bull$#!& at the moment - asl, and most sign languages, are at best incomplete, and are limited in scope. presently the communication of perspectives and concepts capable in asl are no where near approaching what regular english speakers, and speakers of most languages, are capable of. this leads to most deaf people just straight up not understanding many things when communicating. i spoke at great length with the then vice president of the student body of gallaudet for months regarding this subject as communication and perspective is something that fascinates me. her main focus in life is communication, and the issues i am speaking of now - the vast limitations of asl and other sign languages. there is a reason deaf people remain within the deaf community, for the most part, and most people don't really know anyone deaf - the communication system they have been given is comparatively lacking. asl and other languages are clearly fine for basic communication, but nowhere near the scope of what people with hearing have. this also lends deaf people, from what i have seen, to be somewhat more "doing" oriented when it comes to relationships and socialization, meaning movement and action are more relevant to their lives, so they may show people by doing and acting more than people who can speak, sometimes. anyhow, i am sure much of what i say may be misinterpreted, but you really can't understand what it is like until you are a part of the community, and i can tell you there is nothing stranger than being around large groups of people that you know have no concept of certain things. seeing how hearing people interact with them, and how hearing people who have to deal with deaf people act around deaf people, and how strikingly different it is due to the huge differences in perspective and understanding. fascinating in my opinion, but the reality is ugly, in terms of how inferior the sign languages are, and thus it creates situations no one is ever willing to touch. either you are deaf or you are hearing, and hearing people cannot ever claim asl is inferior, our pc mothering insane society does not allow anyone to do anything like that, and deaf people do not know anything is lacking really, thus the system remains. people who lose their hearing over time or go deaf from an accident, who were speaking as a child and learned to communicate verbally, communicate differently than children who grew up non hearing. the woman i knew lost her hearing as a child, but developed hearing, but lost her hearing completely during her developmental stages, this she sort of walks that line, and has more insight into both than most deaf people. I'm done rambling. it is what it is, and everything changes in time. live and let live.

left turn - living in dc near gallaudet university, and being the infinitely curious person i am, i have known several deaf people, and learned asl a while back. i have spent a great deal of time speaking to my share of deaf peoplevia instant messaging over the years. something you will hear from me, but from no one else ever about deaf people since our society is a big fat box of $#!& at the moment - asl, and most sign languages, are at best incomplete, and are limited in scope. presently the communication of perspectives and concepts capable in asl are no where near approaching what regular english speakers, and speakers of most languages, are capable of. this leads to most deaf people just straight up not understanding many things when communicating. i spoke at great length with the then vice president of the student body of gallaudet for months regarding this subject as communication and perspective is something that fascinates me. her main focus in life is communication, and the issues i am speaking of now - the vast limitations of asl and other sign languages. there is a reason deaf people remain within the deaf community, for the most part, and most people don't really know anyone deaf - the communication system they have been given is comparatively lacking. asl and other languages are clearly fine for basic communication, but nowhere near the scope of what people with hearing have. this also lends deaf people, from what i have seen, to be somewhat more "doing" oriented when it comes to relationships and socialization, meaning movement and action are more relevant to their lives, so they may show people by doing and acting more than people who can speak, sometimes. anyhow, i am sure much of what i say may be misinterpreted, but you really can't understand what it is like until you are a part of the community, and i can tell you there is nothing stranger than being around large groups of people that you know have no concept of certain things. seeing how hearing people interact with them, and how hearing people who have to deal with deaf people act around deaf people, and how strikingly different it is due to the huge differences in perspective and understanding. fascinating in my opinion, but the reality is ugly, in terms of how inferior the sign languages are, and thus it creates situations no one is ever willing to touch. either you are deaf or you are hearing, and hearing people cannot ever claim asl is inferior, our pc mothering insane society does not allow anyone to do anything like that, and deaf people do not know anything is lacking really, thus the system remains. people who lose their hearing over time or go deaf from an accident, who were speaking as a child and learned to communicate verbally, communicate differently than children who grew up non hearing. the woman i knew lost her hearing as a child, but developed hearing, but lost her hearing completely during her developmental stages, this she sort of walks that line, and has more insight into both than most deaf people. I'm done rambling. it is what it is, and everything changes in time. live and let live.

good info and its true. i know some people from Gallaudet University too. well at least its true to just live and let live.

left turn - living in dc near gallaudet university, and being the infinitely curious person i am, i have known several deaf people, and learned asl a while back. i have spent a great deal of time speaking to my share of deaf peoplevia instant messaging over the years. something you will hear from me, but from no one else ever about deaf people since our society is a big fat box of $#!& at the moment - asl, and most sign languages, are at best incomplete, and are limited in scope. presently the communication of perspectives and concepts capable in asl are no where near approaching what regular english speakers, and speakers of most languages, are capable of. this leads to most deaf people just straight up not understanding many things when communicating. i spoke at great length with the then vice president of the student body of gallaudet for months regarding this subject as communication and perspective is something that fascinates me. her main focus in life is communication, and the issues i am speaking of now - the vast limitations of asl and other sign languages. there is a reason deaf people remain within the deaf community, for the most part, and most people don't really know anyone deaf - the communication system they have been given is comparatively lacking. asl and other languages are clearly fine for basic communication, but nowhere near the scope of what people with hearing have. this also lends deaf people, from what i have seen, to be somewhat more "doing" oriented when it comes to relationships and socialization, meaning movement and action are more relevant to their lives, so they may show people by doing and acting more than people who can speak, sometimes. anyhow, i am sure much of what i say may be misinterpreted, but you really can't understand what it is like until you are a part of the community, and i can tell you there is nothing stranger than being around large groups of people that you know have no concept of certain things. seeing how hearing people interact with them, and how hearing people who have to deal with deaf people act around deaf people, and how strikingly different it is due to the huge differences in perspective and understanding. fascinating in my opinion, but the reality is ugly, in terms of how inferior the sign languages are, and thus it creates situations no one is ever willing to touch. either you are deaf or you are hearing, and hearing people cannot ever claim asl is inferior, our pc mothering insane society does not allow anyone to do anything like that, and deaf people do not know anything is lacking really, thus the system remains. people who lose their hearing over time or go deaf from an accident, who were speaking as a child and learned to communicate verbally, communicate differently than children who grew up non hearing. the woman i knew lost her hearing as a child, but developed hearing, but lost her hearing completely during her developmental stages, this she sort of walks that line, and has more insight into both than most deaf people. I'm done rambling. it is what it is, and everything changes in time. live and let live.

how bout some paragraph formation? seriously...too many words in too large of a space without any breaks. makes it VERY hard to read the entire thing. that is a part of the reason that paragraphs exist...

Ok, I'll step up too. I like Subaru's too (but not as much as Jeep or AMC). I used to own a couple of Brat's. I beat the hell out of them, hauled way over 1/2 ton (I just knew the front end would pop up off the ground at every little bump) and only got rid of the last one because it was rear-ended at a stop light. The guy I sold it to drove it like that for at least a year. I would be interested in the Baja, but would prefer the Baja concept that never made production.

Also, I'm a stickler for proper english, or at least readable english. Yours is far from the worst I have read. Besides that, I don't think we should be slamming people who have a lower education level (not that you do, I understand the deaf issue) for spelling, gramatic, and/or spelling errors. I would rather read sumthin ritten lik this than have to read another WTF or LOL. Come on people lets not ruin the english language intentionally. And I also agree with the concept of english not necessarily being one's strong point. I can do Calculus, Physics, and Geometry, but I need a calculator to do simple math. So I'll have to use both hands to tell you how many spark plugs are on my V-8 engine LOL!!!!!!!

Bill

eh I like the older wrx sti the best, it just baffles me that a ~30,000 car can outrun a 200,000 dollar ferrari jamminz.gif plus travis pastrana and ken block do make them seem like the perfect rally cars :cheers:

no actually ferrari r actually faster than any sti expect if modification like stage 2:thumbsup:

I'm still pissed at ken block :(

and i hear that travis r transfered to nascar????? :nuts:

i love all sti since its still a impreza to me. period

eh I like the older wrx sti the best, it just baffles me that a ~30,000 car can outrun a 200,000 dollar ferrari jamminz.gif plus travis pastrana and ken block do make them seem like the perfect rally cars :cheers:

no actually ferrari r actually faster than any sti expect if modification like stage 2:thumbsup:

yeah what was ken thinking! and I know theyre top speed is faster but the stis can keep up on tracks which is just awesome anyway and travis is trying out every sport that deals with a motor and wheels jamminz.gif

yeah what was ken thinking! and I know theyre top speed is faster but the stis can keep up on tracks which is just awesome anyway and travis is trying out every sport that deals with a motor and wheels jamminz.gif

true but i still rather kens sti over kens pos ford fiesta :thumbsup: